Compatibility with SQL Server 2012

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Will this work with SQL Server 2012 BI?
I am currently looking to implement a BI solution using SQL Server 2012 but we will not be able to justify the cost of sharepoint just to enable a proper interface to the reports.
Thanks
Jon
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I havent tried it myself, but I think SQL Server 2012 SSRS (which is part of SQL 2012 BI) is broadly compatible with the earlier versions so there's a good chance it will work.

Let me know how you get on.
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM
You'll have to change the soap reference but you probably already knew that.
Nov 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM
What do you mean with change the soap reference?
I am trying to make it work with a local MS SSRS 2012 installation but fail to succeed.

The error I am getting is that there is this : there is a double system.web.extensions/scripting/webServices/jsonSerialization-sectie defined in row 5.
Jan 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I managed to get this up and running displaying reports after much fumbling around. Having never used asp.net before, I hope my haphazard updating will not cause issues later.
After I updated the ReportViewer to 11.0, I noticed that using the expand toggle in a report was now causing the whole report to render again.
Pretty sure it was not doing this in my earlier attempts or in the native reportmanager.
Any ideas on how to stop this?
How do I get the parameters to be drop downs instead of user input?
Another thing I want to look into is, to restrict access to the reports on display according to user, any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jon
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Hi Jon,

re: restrict access to reports: You can set up per-report security in the normal Report Manager, CrissCross will then use the same security settings as long as it is running in Impersonation Mode, see https://crisscross.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Impersonation%20Mode&referringTitle=Documentation

re: How do I get the parameters to be drop downs instead of user input?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, most 'picklist' parameters will be displayed as drop downs automatically?
May 12, 2016 at 2:23 PM
Dear Ian,
I am using your CrissCross code. It is running pretty fine on SQL2008 R2 and SSRS2014. Only issue is with we have to set the website in "Compatibility" mode. In IE11, new feature has been added for "Input Box" where "X" sign comes by default. This can be disabled, but then Website need to get out of "Compatibility" mode.
So the question is, Is CrissCross code possible for SSRS2014?
Where might be the problem regarding IE behaviour and compatibility settings

**PS: code works good for Chrome and Mozilla , Issue is only for IE **