Feedback Welcome!

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM

So far, there's been lots of downloads and CrissCross is being used in production at two sites (that I know of, although hopefully there's more than that).

Let me know if you give CrissCross a try, I'd be interested to hear of any successes, problems or suggestions ....

May 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I am creating a custom report server interface using the SSRS ReportingService2010 web service.  Doing a bit of research, I ran across CrissCross, downloaded it, converted it to .NET 4.0, made a bunch of changes to use it with ReportService2010, and have it up and running.

Only issue that I've found so far is that it does not check for read only parameters before trying to use them.

Otherwise, very nice clean interface (and fast!). 

Thanks!!!

May 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Just realized that SSRS 2008 R2 still has the ReportService2005.asmx available, so I didn't need to change CrissCross to use ReportService2010.  :X

Coordinator
May 31, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Glad you have found CrissCross to be useful!

Do you have any more detail on the read-only parameters problem? 

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:15 AM

I think the read only parameters problem was because I had converted the project to use ReportingService2010 webservice.

I started from scratch and just upgraded to .NET 4.0 and it is working fine. :)

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM

re: read-only params: Ah ok, thats good to know.

I got your tweet about forking crisscross - you're welcome to do that of course as per the license, but email me at ian@codeulike.com if you want to discuss - maybe your fork can be merged back into the original at some point ...