This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Setup for IIS8 on Windows Server 2012 R2 for SQL Server 2014

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to setup CrissCross for the first time - my server is IIS8 on Windows Server 2012 R2 for SQL Server 2014 (native/Report Manager). It's an Azure VM. I've customized the web.config as per the doco.

But when I try to access the URL (from the server or a desktop), I get an HTTP 500.19 error (see link below). It seems to be complaining about a duplicate section in the web.config?

HTTP Error screen shot

What am I missing?

PS: I've got an unrelated issue on the IIS7 server I was working on earlier, so I've had to park that for a while.
Apr 21, 2016 at 2:03 PM
So about 1.5 years later I'm trying CrissCross on the same setup and lo and behold I got the same error. Googled and found this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3387322/iis7-deployment-duplicate-system-web-extensions-scripting-scriptresourcehandl

Which changes the error to this:

_Error Code
0x80070021

Config Error
This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Config File
\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CrissCross\web.config
Config Source:
150: </modules>
151: <handlers>
152: <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>

_

Has anyone figured out how to make this work in the IIS8/WS2012/SQL2014 environment?