This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

So who is using this?

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Crisscross has got 1000+ downloads but no ratings.

Is anyone using it?

Is it worth me making an updated version?

All comments welcome.
Oct 3, 2014 at 5:15 AM
I have just discovered this project and haven't got it working yet, but I am interested. Everyone I know that uses SSRS is profoundly disappointed/embarrassed by the current UI. Apart from that, SSRS is a great product - the performance and functionality of authoring and rendering is very impressive, and it is very reliable and consistent (if you stay away from the Lookup functions). It's just the web UI in the middle that really sucks.

I've started a separate discussion for a feature idea that could give it a boost:
https://crisscross.codeplex.com/discussions/568931

My web coding is a bit dusty but I'm seriously considering brushing up on it and trying to contribute to this project in some way.

BTW there's an Active Connect Feedback topic with 120+ votes and around 20 comments, all asking for this sort of functionality.
https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/545893/allow-ssrs-parameter-panel-to-be-formatted
Dec 15, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Oh, I'm definitely using it and we have deployed this into our production environment using SSRS 2012. Made some changes to take additional advantage of some of the other bootstrap objects. Code is solid, but am currently working out issues where I have a textbox that allows empty values. Upon submission, it doesn't submit to the server; I know this because upon doing a TRACE, nothing was submitted to the server. Have not had any problems yet using the SSRS 2012 cascading parameters.

Great framework and is what I was looking for. Hats off! If you made some updates, I would definitely be interested in what you are thinking of.

Some of my thoughts:

Searching
As the number of report increase, it would be great where the search bar could scan through the titles and descriptions of the reports

Full Screen Mode
After running the report, might be able to make better use of the screen by allowing some time of "full screen mode" switcher. Maybe start off in full screen mode with some icons to switch back to normal mode. Maybe even some other icons, during full screen mode, to re-enter parameters.

Show All Parameters
When there are fewer than N parameters, just show them all. To designate optional, allow for the placement of the word "Optional". Nothing for required
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Great to hear that you've found CrissCross useful fafurd.

re: textbox that allows empty values: This might be something to do with 'Empty Equivalent Values' - CrissCross wont tell the server the textbox is blank if it thinks that blank is of no interest to the server. You might have to tune the Empty Equivalent Values for that param. See https://crisscross.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Empty%20Equivalent%20Values
Jan 9, 2015 at 11:03 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2015 at 11:03 PM
I would use Crisscross, but I'd need it to be on a license other than GPL - something like Apache or BSD would be fine.

One critical feature I need - it's the primary motivation for looking for something like this: Good UX when using a multi-select query-driven parameter that has 10's of 1000's of possible values. Obviously, the basic SSRS UI is beyond awful for this type of parameter.